Sad to say but I ran out of events to do. I mean, I have literally nothing left in KMS besides the Saint Saver Event, which is just once a day… But now, as promised, the Ancient Artifact Hunt Event returned!
So exciting! Oh wait, I was referring to the picture. The picture you see at the top is from the official MapleStory website^
Look at that boy and that girl. The boy is holding a shovel that’s used for Alchemy, and the girl is holding the axe that’s used for Mining. Mhmm, more hints on Chaos?
Event runs till June 28th.
For those of you that don’t know the Ancient Artifact Hunt, I’ll explain it.
STEP II: Go kill monsters. They might drop shiny rocks. Pick them up and you’ll get Artifact points (1, 3, or 20). Note that your points will reset every week!
We can break it up into a few different events.
Artifact Hunt Participation
What I mean by that is either you want the rewards or want to be in the top 10 hunters.
Once you get 5,000 points:
They last for only 3 days.
EXP. It’s relative to your level, so I can’t exactly tell you how much.
Over 10,000 Points
Same rewards as the 5,000 points. They too last for 3 days only.
Over 30,000 Points
You get a new mount skill! You have a choice of:
Both mounts last for 7 days, and they require 10 MP, add 10 Weapon/Magic ATT, and set your speed at 140% and jump at 120%.
Top Ten Rewards
If you’re at the top ten on every Sunday [of this event] at 5 P.M., you’ll have one hour to get your reward!
And yes, they’re both permanent.
8 Mystical Artifacts
Every time you pick up an artifact, you have a chance of getting one of the 8 Mystical Artifacts. Same as last year, they’re in this order:
You’ll get the same medal as last year:
[This is actually the one I got last year]
Free Level Up
Just like in KMS, there’s a possibility that you’ll level up when you pick up an artifact. Except in GMS, there are much higher chances of getting it. In KMS, I hunted for a pretty long time and never got it, while in GMS I got it after picking up around 10 artifacts…
The blue notice will be displayed to your whole server~
Side notes on the event
- There’s 2X artifact points on weekends! So instead of getting 1, 3, or 20 points, you’ll get 2, 6, or 40 points!
- Why wait till the weekend? If you really want to be in the top ten, you might want to consider buying a couple of those 2x Point Cards for the Artifact Hunt from Cash Shop. There’s one for 3 hours, 1 day, and 7 days.
Today’s server maintenance also brought some changes along with the event.
– The amount of Cake Pieces and Pie Pieces that must be turned in to start the town battles has been considerably reduced.
– The amount of 6th Anniversary Insignias given after the attack and defense team battle is now based on who won the battle in which you participated instead of your faction’s performance.
– The amount of EXP given after the town battles has been increased.
– You must talk to your faction NPC now in the exit room after a town battle in order to receive both the insignias and the EXP.
– The Cake vs. Pie boss battle waiting room has been modified to only allow the maximum number of fighters from each team that can participate in the battle. Remember, each channel has its own waiting room and boss battles!
– The maximum number of players in each boss battle has been reduced to ten from each faction (twenty players maximum total per battle).
– The amount of time to pick up the rewards in a boss battle has been increased by several seconds.
Anyway, that’s everything for now. Guess what? It’s June 1st! School is finally about to end, so exciting 😛