[Click to enlarge]
The update was supposed to come yesterday, but Nexon delayed it for another day. This is the update in which ‘Old Maple’ came, and more updates will come.
We also have more information about the new job. His name is Jett, and I’m ASSUMING he’s a Bounty Hunter. It also seems like it’s a magician, since most of the rewards from the event give you M. ATT stuff (especially the BOUNTY HUNTER event).
And, unfortunate news but, it seems like the pirate/thief revamp won’t come. Nexon only discussed Phantom and Jett (which, by the way, might arrive on 6/27), but they never even mentioned the revamp once. AND IT’S ALREADY JUNE!
TWMS said they are not revamping pirates because of their exclusive pirate class, but then again, who knows. Maybe Nexon is thinking the same thing, that the exclusive job will replace the revamps. I hardly doubt that they would release the revamp AFTER Phantom. Or maybe that’s their exciting summer content.
Anyway, let’s go over the update~ A lot of it was not released yet, but I’ll go over everything.
There is a crack in the Dimensional Mirror which can take you back to MapleStory as it was before Big Bang. Well, at least SOME parts of it.
[Click to enlarge]
On EVERY visit (not just your first), you’ll be sent to the old Maple Island. From there, you can do quests and move on to different parts of the old Maple Island and to the old Victoria Island.
From each quest you complete, you will get 1 Old Maple Coin.
The coins can be traded to [old] Inkwell which is in [old] Henesys:
In his shop, you can buy:
All of these items suck. Basically, every item of “new Maple” is much better than any of those.
And, besides, it’s a bit disappointing for another reason.
THEY ADDED NEW (AND NERF’ED) VERSIONS OF SEVERAL EQUIPMENTS! NOOOO!
I feel like I wasted a lot of time to get it…
Ignore the hair, please; it was ruined during the random style event.
But, in reality, the only thing worth getting is the Tuna Fish. It’s pretty expensive, though, and not really worth the effort.
Anyway, as I was saying earlier, you start off with the old Maple Island. In Maple Island, you are given a lot of quests that are the same as they used to be.
However, unlike the old Maple Island, you can always go to [Old] Lith Harbor and go back to Maple Island. Some quests (such as the Luca’s invitations to all the job advancers) even require you to leave Maple Island.
Almost every quest gives you 1 coin, and you can only complete it once. You will get around 11 quests on Maple Island, and the rest are from Victoria Island.
In reality, this Old Maple thing is REALLY stupid.
First of all, there are NO NPC’s or portals, aside from those NPC’s that are everywhere (such as Cody, Maple Administrator, Gaga, etc.), one NPC in each town that gives you quests (and the job advancers), and two portals on the right and left side of the town. Lith Harbor only has a right portal that leads you to the other towns of Old Victoria Island.
Each town, as mentioned above, has two portals. The LEFT (<-) one is used to teleport back to Lith Harbor while the RIGHT (->) one is used to teleport you to an old map of that area.
There aren’t too many maps you can teleport to. In fact, that’s all you have:
Right Around Lith Harbor
Henesys Pig Farm
Henesys Hunting Ground I
Henesys Hunting Ground II
Dungeon, Southern Forest III
Monkey Forest I
Monkey Forest II
Tree Dungeon, Monkey Forest II
Land of Wild Boar
The Burnt Land I
The Burnt Land III
East Rocky Mountain II
Northern Top of Construction Site
Caution Falling Down
Line 1 <Area 1>
Line 1 <Area 2>
Hunting Ground in the Deep Forest I
Cave of Mushrooms
Ant Tunnel I
Sanctuary Entrance I
The forest of Golem
Drake’s Meal Table
The Cursed Sanctuary
The NPC of each town (i.e. Maya in Henesys, Aya in Perion, etc. It’s in order, so for example you have to finish all of Maya’s quests first and then I’m guessing Aya’s and later in all the other towns) will give you a quest to complete, and then you’ll get a coin.
It’s not really worth it, though. They make you do a lot of annoying things (like get 50 of ETC. items from many different monsters -_-) for only one coin, which can be traded for crap later.
Once you are done exploring, you can exit through the [cracked] Dimensional Mirror (okay, this is exaggeratedly old. This is what it looked like when it first came out to KMS):
LAME. Good thing it’s only open for 25 days. If it was more, I would probably “facepalm” every time I log into GMS and see it.
The Return of the Legends Characters
You are able to make the Legends again. Except now, you can make as many as you want.
That’s so stupid, didn’t they just ‘return’ a couple of days ago?
Bounty Hunter Event
This event will come out in 5 days, but I’ll just summarize it so I don’t have to dedicate a post for it.
So, those wanted posters are everywhere, and they are pretty useless. I think they’ll just display what monster you have to hunt.
The event is divided into 3 weeks, and it’s like the archeologist event in the sense that it’s a competition.
In the event, you have to find a boss in different areas and kill it to obtain Bounty Marks, which you can later give to Cassandra.
The bosses are different for each round/week. The rounds are:
- 6/6~6/12: Red Mask.
- 6/13~6/19: Zombuddy.
- 6/20~6/23: Bully.
They all have 6 million HP… Good luck!
When you turn the marks in, you’ll receive one of the following:
- Scroll for Gloves for Magic Attack 60%: Magic ATT +1, INT +1, Success Rate: 60%.
- Clean Slate Scroll 10%: Restore 1 available upgrade lost to failed scrolls. Untradeable. Cannot be used on Cash items. Success Rate: 10%.
- Swiss Cheese: +220 Magic ATT for 2 minutes.
- Chocolate Cream Cupcake: Restores 300 HP/MP, +30 ACC/Speed/Jump for 3 minutes. Untradeable.
- Melting Cheese: Restores 4000 HP.
ALONG WITH MESOS AND EXPERIENCE! 25 mesos + 1337 EXP.
If you’re on the Top 20, you’ll also receive Maple Bounty Hunter medal (Req Lv: 13, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +7, Max HP/MP +100, Weapon/Magic ATT +7, Weapon/Magic DEF +100, ACC/AVOID +100, Speed/Jump +7. One-of-a-kind item, untradeable).
Tracking the Outlaw
This is actually how we know that the new job’s name is Jett. And because the rewards relate to a ‘Bounty Hunter’, we can safely assume that the new job is a Bounty Hunter.
Anyway, just collect 50 Wanted Criminal Clues from all monsters and give them to Cassandra. You will get those equipment shown above^^. BUT DON’T FORGET, MESOS AND EXPERIENCE EVERYBODY!
Hm, they are only tradeable using a Sharing Tag. How lame.
Awesome event, reminds me of the banana event for Cannoneers… Oh wait, that event was better. And that was more than a year ago.
GMS-exclusive events/class, how great.
- MTS was removed. Pretty sure KMS is planning to change its UI and therefore Nexon would have to work hard to add that Trade button, so they’re removing it.
- Nexon fixed a lot of bugs. A list~
- The Explorer quest that caused the game client to crash when the quest log wass opened is now fixed.
- Evan characters created before April, 2010 with the multipet skill issue (Follow the Leader) are now fixed.
- Ghost Stumps and Smirking Ghost Stumps will now continue spawning in Gusty Peak.
- Yeti & Pepes will now continue spawning in Sharp Cliff 3.
- Extra instances of Orchid no longer spawn when Mercedes re-enters Orchid’s Room in the “Wing Master” quest.
- The description of the Pearly Clam Chair now correctly lists the item as untradeable.
- Menus can now be correctly dragged across the game window when using left-handed mouse settings.
- Beryl and Crimson Maple hand cannons and dual bowguns now register as parts of their respective sets.
- The Rising Fanatic quest can now be completed by players who were unable to complete it.
- The hairstyle incorrectly named “Phantom Bangs” is now correctly named “Full Bangs.”
- The Purple Full Bangs female hairstyle now correctly sits on characters’ heads.
- The Mercedes skill “Ishtar’s Ring” now appears correctly on other players’ screens.
- Instances of “8th Anniversary” have been changed to “7th Anniversary” in the descriptions of the Beryl Maple weapons that listed the former.
- The description for the Joyous 7th Dark Scroll for Accessory for Magic Att 20% now correctly states that the scroll raises Magic Attack.
- Cassandra’s confusing text when turning in old Maple Leaves has been clarified.
- NPC Bo the Socket Creator’s outdated dialogue has been updated.
- A tab name has been fixed in NPC Larson’s store options.
- The “Empowering Pendant” quest is now correctly named “Pendant of the Spirit.”
- The in-progress quest log description for the quest “The Rising Fanatic!” has been corrected.
- Gaga’s misleading dialogue for the quest “Shall We Dance?” has been corrected.
- Typos in the names of the Moonlight Packages have been corrected.
- A typo has been fixed in the error message that appears when attempting to use a Joy Bird Feather on non-Beryl Maple gear.
- The chair “Swing on the Persimmon Tree” now states its HP recovery rate in its description.
- Description text has been added when hovering over the Alien Socket Creator.
- The Alien Socket Creator’s graphic has been modified to differentiate it from the Nebulite Diffuser.
- The Astaroth PQ can now be entered through the Dimensional Mirror by characters of the appropriate levels.
- (Magic Music Box) The incorrect Hero’s Key has been removed from the store in Elluel. The correct Hero’s Key still will drop from monsters.
They have a list of bugs that they will fix also. You can view that here.
That’s all for today, if you want more info you can just check out the patch notes. There will probably be another patch in KMS/KMST this weekend, but I don’t know if I can report it on time because I have a lot of stuff to do this weekend (American logic: end of the year -> tons of projects).
Mhm, enjoy your weekend!
UPDATE: Nexon is planning to merge 4 more servers: Yellonde, Chaos, Kradia, and Mardia. The effect will take place on June 7th.
You can read more about it here.