[Click to enlarge and view the animation]
It was a big surprise that this patch would hit GMS so soon… That explains all the downtime for this patch. Finally, the Union’s Advance update (well, not exactly. This is more like the 4th part of Legends) was added to GMS! Its new name is Alliance Rising which makes sense because Union/Alliance, Advance/Rising, yeah.
Unfortunately for some of you, they changed the format a little bit. Instead of revamping Aran, Evan, AND Resistance, they only updated Aran & Evan.
Don’t worry, I won’t extract all the changes^^. The changes were given by Nexon’s patch notes article, and I really don’t feel like extracting them now :|. Plus, I spent the entire day waiting for MapleStory to go online, but it never did. I’ll add more in-game pictures tomorrow IF IT’S UP (too much downtime lately).
Straight from the article:
- Combo Ability: Movement speed temporarily increases every 10 Combo counts.
- Combat Step: Additional passive buff: Speed +15, maximum Speed cap +20. Cooldown has been significantly reduced. The distance covered with the skill has been increased.
- Final Charge: The mastery level has been decreased from 20 to 10. The distance covered with skill has been increased.
- Combo Drain: Duration of the buff has been significantly increased.
- Rolling Spin: Damage has been increased.
- Might: Additional passive buff: ATT and DEF increase.
- Combo Critical: Additional active buff: max Critical Damage increase.
- Cleaving Blows: Additional active buff: Increased chance of ignoring the monster’s DEF. Damage reduction rate has been increased (i.e. less damage is lost when hitting multiple enemies.)
- Combo Judgment: Attacks 3 times instead of 1.
- Final Blow: Attacks 3 times instead of 1. A chance to ignore the mosnter’s DEF. Increased hitting range.
- Combo Barrier: The buff duration has been slightly increased.
- High Defense: Damage reduction rate has been increased (i.e. less damage is lost when hitting multiple enemies.)
- Combo Tempest: Passive effect of permanently increasing the Combo Judgment damage has been added.
- Sudden Strike: The damage increase for Final Toss and Final Charge has been raised.
- Regained Memory Master Level 1):An Aran exclusive skill that can be obtained through the Arkarium quests. Permanently increases ATT +10, Weapon DEF +300, Speed +10, Critical Rate +5%, and Additional 5% damage when attacking a boss monster.
- Physical Training (Master Level 10): This is a new passive skill that permanently increases STR and DEX.
- Dragon Soul: Added passive buff: Attack Speed +1, Weapon DEF +145, Magic DEF +145.
- Magic Guard: Damage to MP conversion rate has been increased to 85%. Buff duration has been significantly increased.
- Ice Breath: Damage has been increased.
- Elemental Decrease: The skill has become a 5th job skill.
- Slow: The skill has been removed.
- Magic Flare: Damage has been increased.
- Dragon Thrust: Damage has been increased.
- Magic Booster: The attack speed increase amount has been changed to 2.
- Breath: Damage and maximum target count have been increased.
- Killer Wings: Damage has been increased.
- Dragon Fury: Magic ATT increase rate has been raised to 35%.
- Earthquake: Damage has been increased. Maximum target count at skill level 1 is set to 6.
- Onyx Shroud: Master level was reduced from 20 to 15.
- Recovery Aura: Master level was reduced from 10 to 5.
- Illusion: Inflicted damage amount and ignored monster DEF amount have been increased.
- Flame Wheel: Attack count is increased to 3. Total cumulative damage is increased. Maximum target count has been increased to 8.
- Blessing of the Onyx: M.ATT increase amount has been raised.
- Blaze: Inflicted damage amount and ignored monster DEF amount have been increased.
- Soul Stone: Maximum target count has been increased to 6.
- Onyx Will: The body attack effect was removed. Damage reduction effect has been added.
- Inherited Will (Master Level 1): An Evan-exclusive skill that can be obtained through the Arkarium quests. Permanently increases M. ATT + 10, M. DEF +300, HP+15%, All Stats +10, and additional 5% damage when attacking a boss monster.
- High Wisdom (Master Level 10): Passive buff. Permanently increases INT.
- Teleport Mastery (Master Level 10): Active buff. Permanently increases the teleport distance. When Teleport skill is used, the enemies near by the destination are hit with damage and stunned at a set rate.
If you have a character that was revamped, you will receive 3 SP Reset Scrolls (why?!) if you log on between now and February 14th. They only last for 2 weeks so it’s pretty much a waste of 2 spaces in your inventory.
Yay, Nexon really knows how to ruin things. You may have noticed that I never explained what that is, and that’s because there’s nothing to explain.
So… What is the alliance?
i dunno lul.
All the jobs have united into this alliance to fight the Black Mage. Cygnus in charge.
What’s the point?
Well, if you do the quests, you can get this skill:
Willpower of Alliance (Master level 1): Permanently increases STR/DEX/INT/LUK/ATT/M.ATT +5. Can be obtained by completing The Birth of an Alliance quest. Req Lev: 75
You can also get a noob medal that adds 500 HP/MP. I know you’re thinking about the level 75 weapons, they’re not out yet. Also, you don’t need to do the quests to obtain them, just talk to Neinheart and he’ll give it to you.
How do I join?
Must meet the level requirement: Demon Slayers/Resistance: 40+. Everyone else: 75+.
And yeah you’re in. So awesome.
I have a similar reaction. :P.
The new boss Arkarium was added. Don’t be fooled, there are 3 types:
- Must be 120+.
- Must have finished all the Silent Crusade & pre-quests.
You can only fight in a group of 6-18 people. If you die, you’ll be resurrected to another map and you can enter the fight again right after.
And the rewards from Arkarium:
- Dominator Pendant (Untradeable, Unique Equipped Item, REQ LEV: 140, All Classes, PENDANT, STR/DEX/INT/LUK+20, MaxHP/MaxMP+10%, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT+3, Weapon DEF/Magic DEF+100, Number of upgrades available: 5, Can be traded once with Platinum Scissors of Karma, Permanently raises Ambition/Willpower/Charm+120 when equipped)
- Fragment of Distorted Time (Untradeable. A scroll for the Dominator Pendant only. Success Rate: 70%, PAD+3, MAD+3, All Stats+3, PDD+25, MDD+25, MaxHP+25, ACC+30, EVA+30, Speed+3, Jump+2, If fails, the item will be destroyed at 100%.)
- Berserker’s Eternal Ring (Part of Immortal Hero Set) (Trade disabled when equipped, Unique Equipped Item, REQ LEV: 30, All Classes, RING, STR/DEX/INT/LUK+5, Weapon ATT+2, Weapon DEF/Magic DEF +30, Accuracy +75, Number of Upgrades Available: 1, Can be traded once with Platinum Scissors of Karma, Permanently raises Ambition/Willpower/Charm+80 when equipped.)
- Guardian’s Eternal Ring (Part of Immortal Hero Set) (Trade disabled when equipped, Unique Equipped Item, REQ LEV: 30, All Classes, RING, STR/DEX/INT/LUK+5, Weapon DEF+150, Magic DEF+50, Avoidability+75, Number of Upgrades Available: 1, Can be traded once with Platinum Scissors of Karma, Permanently raises Ambition/Willpower/Charm+80 when equipped.)
- High Lord’s Eternal Ring (Part of Eternal Hero Set) (Trade disabled when equipped, Unique Equipped Item, REQ LEV: 30, All Classes, RING, STR/DEX/INT/LUK+5, Magic ATT+2, Weapon DEF/Magic DEF +30, Accuracy +75, Number of Upgrades Available: 1, Can be traded once with Platinum Scissors of Karma, Permanently raises Ambition/Willpower/Charm+80 when equipped.)
- Oracle’s Eternal Ring (Part of Eternal Hero Set) (Trade disabled when equipped, Unique Equipped Item, REQ LEV: 30, All Classes, RING, STR/DEX/INT/LUK+5, Weapon DEF+50, Magic DEF+150, Avoidability+75, Number of Upgrades Available: 1, Can be traded once with Platinum Scissors of Karma, Permanently raises Ambition/Willpower/Charm+80 when equipped.)
- Immortal Hero Set: Equip both Berserker’s Eternal Ring and Guardian’s Eternal Ring. All Stats+15, Weapon ATT+10.
- Eternal Hero Set: Equip both High Lord’s Eternal Ring and Oracle’s Eternal Ring. All Stats+15, Magic ATT +10.
Crimsonwood Party Quest Revamp
Don’t get too excited, there’s no revamp. However, the party quest is back!
This is actually Part 1 of the revamps for Crimsonwood Party Quest. Let’s wait for part 2 for more!
Things that changed:
Along with the 5 Adventurers, Cannoneers, Mercedes, and Demon Slayers can also participate.
That’s all. More jobs will be added in part 2.
Half a year of waiting and that’s all we got :O. Well, have fun PQ’ing again!
A bunch of events were added. If you want the official article, here it is.
New Legends Shop
Feb. 1st ~ Mar. 8th
This is basically KMS’s Legends shop. Only thing that sucks is that there are only two ways to get coins; trade 100 Maple Leaves (from monsters) for 1 coin or raise the Bonsai tree.
Protect the Fireworks Festival
Feb. 1st ~ Feb. 28th
NO. NO. NO. (Read here)
[Legends] Legends of Happiness!
Feb. 1st ~ Mar. 14th
Reach level 50/70 on a Cannoneer, Mercedes, or Demon Slayer. At 50, you’ll receive 1 Tania Cloak and at 70 Mercury Cloak (Cash Shop capes, the lulLegend Balloons).
[Legends] I’m the Legendary Hero!
Feb. 1st ~ Mar. 14th
Get the whole set of the Legendary Maple Set. Same exact set as the one here. The event is the same, collect the whole set and a 30-day Mushroom mount and you’ll get The True Legendary Hero Medal (+8 all stats,+80 HP/MP/Accuracy/Avoidability, +2 PvP damage).
The weapons are found in the Legendary Weapon Box, while the equipment you’ll just have to purchase from Lucia. You can get the box from all monsters.
The mount can be obtained from either Gachapon or the “From Golden Leaves to Mushrooms?” quest, which is the next one I’ll describe~
From Golden Leaves to Mushrooms?
Feb. 11th ~ Mar. 14th
Same exact thing as KMS, boo. Get 10 Golden Leaves from the quests “A Golden Maple Leaf A Day!” or “Monsters and the Golden Maple Leaf!”. Described below:
A Golden Maple Leaf A Day!
Feb. 1st ~ Mar. 14th
Log in and you get a golden leaf. Yay. This event starts 10 days before the above event so you can finish it easily.
Monsters and the Golden Maple Leaf!
Feb. 15th ~ Mar. 14th
Kill 500 monsters whose levels are no more than 20 levels more than you or 10 less. You’ll get a Golden Maple Leaf. This quest is repeatable.
Raise a Maple Coin Tree
No. (Read here)
Copypasta from KMS. Now for Valentine’s Day events…
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Also copypasta from KMS. I’m too disgusted to even copy it, read about them here.
Most of these changes hit KMS in the 4th part of Legends.
- Theme Dungeons were revamped. Anyway, the new theme dungeons (that is: Mushroom Kingdom, Kerning Square, and Chryse) now have easier quests (i.e. For Mushroom Kingdom, it’s 20 instead of 50 spores) and the monsters’ levels and EXP changed.
The changes I found most beneficial to me when doing the questlines for those [revamped] theme dungeons in KMS were:
- Almost all the quests can be completed through a light bulb.
- You can fight the bosses alone.
- If a boss drops something that’s required for a quest, the whole party automatically gets it.
- Mini Dungeons were revised and new ones were added. The only one changed was the one at Nihal Desert (the one in Sahel Desert II, it was moved). The new mini dungeons are:
- Two new Hidden Streets were added:
- End of Cave: At Cave Exit map. Monsters: Drakes/Snack Bar.
- Silent Stillness (1 and 2): At the Temple Entrance map. Monsters: Wild Kargos.
- Silent Crusade was revamped. Kind of vague, here you go:
Version Update Information
- The newest version of Silent Crusade has been added.
- The previous version of Silent Crusade has been removed. Players can no longer complete the quests in progress.
- Previous version of Crusader Coin has been replaced with the new version.
- The Silent Crusade Supply Box NPCs were removed from each town. You can access the shop by talking to Wence in the Silent Crusade Hideout in Edelstein, which is accessible through the hidden portal to the right in the Edelstein City Hall map.
- Existing Crusader medals, rings, belts, shoulder equipments, and necklaces will remain in the user’s possession and will not be removed.
- No change was made to the Crusader Codex.
- Master Monsters Portals were renamed Mystic Gates.
- You will interact with both Starling and Crow regardless of your character’s gender.
- Requirement: You must be level 45 or higher to start the quest chain.
- The [Silent Crusade] A Cry for Help quest will be delivered through the Event Notifier icon once you reach level 45.
- The Silent Crusade is a secret group in Maple World that specializes in eliminating especially powerful monsters.
- You will hunt many existing Master Monsters as well as several all new ones.
- Master Monsters are placed in their own unique maps which are accessible through the Mystic Gate. Location of each Mystic Gate is specified in the quest dialogs.
- You can enter the Mystic Gates 15 times a day.
- You no longer need to be in a party to enter.
- Additional Master Monsters unrelated to the Silent Crusade story line have also been moved from their regular maps to special maps that can be reached by going through the Mystic Gates.
- Completing the quests earns you rings, EXP, potions, medals, and Crusader Coins.
- You can purchase various special items through Wence in the Silent Crusade hideout in Edelstein.
- The Crusader Shop contains various potions, weapons, armors, scrolls, and more.
That’s all I have to say~ T-minus 4 days till the new KMST term begins, so exciting :P.
Oh and a patch hit KMS today, 1.2.152. Basically the recent KMST patch. I might talk about it tomorrow or so.